2015年3月12日星期四

Monk is the most fun class in FFXIV !



Monk has been the most fun for me so far. There's getting the basic rotation down, then learning to never lose your stacks, finding the ideal times to Mantra (it's basically an extra cooldown for your tank), and then a whole extra layer of stance dancing on top of it. If you're not blocking unavoidable damage like Meteor Stream with Fists of Earth and getting behind Renauds with Fists of Wind, etc. you're not playing MNK as optimally as possible. 
There's so much to master with the class, I truly love it
. I also have really enjoyed WAR for similar reasons, and I think DRG is lots of fun but I find its combos too restrictive for me. It's like a super clunky version of MNK, probably because I'm nowhere near as practiced on DRG, but I do love the large amount of off GCD moves I get to regularly use unlike the paltry 4 MNK uses regularly (plus Invigorate, Mantra, and the stances but they don't really count). 
I've also been working on leveling healers and I do enjoy what I've done so far (CNJ to 34, haven't unlocked ACN yet). Balancing healing with DPS is fun, reminds me a bit of RDM which was my main in XI. I plan to add SMN and SCH to my list of 50s after I finish getting all my relevant cross class skills (just 14 more levels to go on ARC!) since those seem quite fun even though I've never been a huge fan of pet classes. 
THM was a little dull at first but I was having a good time by the time I hit 26, and I'm finding the same with ARC. I think BLM might be a bit too bland at 50 though, but I really like having some supportive element to my gameplay. 
Really the only boring job is PLD I think. It'll likely be my last job to 50 cause why go PLD when you can be way more involved and more successful using WAR? 

没有评论:

发表评论