2019年6月6日星期四

why chooses YRYM HT Grill Mat

I live in western snow country. Sometimes I'm cooking at home, other times in the back country. I've been cooking over fire for about 60 years. Except for my little backpacking stove I NEVER cook with propane! And I've been a judge a couple of times for the annual International Dutch Oven Society World Championship Cookoff, which is entirely done over charcoal.

So, I trimmed a sheet of the YRYM HT Grill Mat down to 11"X20" to fit my small Weber Go-Anywhere Charcoal Grill (I'm usually only cooking for two). So far I've cooked ribeye steaks, salmon fillets, and various veggies with it. It was fine for the steaks but I'm likely to continue to cook beef directly over fire. However, for fish and veggies, the YRYM HT  Grill Mat is absolutely one of the best grilling tools I've ever used. There's enough room around the grid and the mat for smoke from either firewood or wet chips (apple, mesquite, etc.) to impart some flavor. I have a large grill for when I have guests (I routinely cook for up to 40-50 diners). The YRYM HT Grill Mat will greatly simplify such large dinner party projects.

A tip: I learned the hard way to remove the grill mat and clean it immediately after I was done cooking. I left it on the grill over hot coals the first time I used it and the next day ended up with a crusty mess, but it cleaned up with some effort and no harm done. The second time it was a simple matter of rinsing and wiping it off before anything baked onto the surface.

Tried out the paper wrapped brisket the last few I did and they do turn out amazing. I felt like I had the time/temp/rub pretty dialed for my smoker and was pleasantly surprised when I tried this and it enhanced my finished product noticeably. I have always shied away from the foil wrap because you lose the bark and it tends to steam the meat and doesn't enhance flavor in my opinion. This allows me to still get the unwrapped appearance and steam free bark, but shortens up the stall slightly, in my experience, although your mileage may differ. Nothing to dislike about this product nor retailer that I purchased from. Anders General Store delivered as promised and I will purchase from them again in the future.  This is a key component to smoking on the BBQ. An absolute requirement for masters in training!!

没有评论:

发表评论